MILLSTONE TOWNSHIP FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE RAISES NEARLY $20,000 FROM ITS “CASINO NIGHT” FUNDRAISER
Due to the Success of this Event and Other Fundraising Efforts, MTFEE Is Able to
Offer Staff at Millstone Township Schools a Second Grant Cycle This School Year
MILLSTONE TOWNSHIP, NJ, March 4, 2015 – Millstone Township Foundation for Educational Excellence (MTFEE) raised nearly $20,000 from its final fundraising event for this school year, Third Annual “Casino Night.” MTFEE is a non-profit organization devoted to funding grants for items that nurture extraordinary educational experiences for every student in the Millstone Township Public Schools and are beyond the scope of the general school budget.
MTFEE recently awarded three grants totaling $13,591.40 to Millstone Township Schools. Due to the success of this event and other fundraising efforts, MTFEE is able to offer a second grant cycle. Those grants will be awarded before the end of this school year.
The event—which included a variety of casino games including Texas Hold-Em, Roulette, Blackjack and Craps—was held at Forsgate Country Club (Monroe) on February 21. In addition, there were Tricky Tray and Silent auctions that included more than 100 items. Top items were Go Karts, luxury purses, Broadway show tickets and gift certificate, airline gift cards, lift tickets for several ski lodges as well as golf and spa packages to name a few.
The event sponsor was Saker ShopRites. Other sponsors included:
• American Stair & Rail Artisans (Lakewood)
• Camoosa Family (Millstone Township)
• Castle Consulting, Neil Schloss, CPA (Hightstown)
• Cobra Power Systems (Spotswood, NJ)
• Concorde Worldwide (Freehold)
• DelGuercio Family (Millstone Township)
• DeRose Family (Millstone Township)
• Family Foot & Ankle Center of Central Jersey, Holli Alster, DPM (Manalapan)
• Feder Family (Millstone Township)
• Griggs Family (Millstone Township)
• Christine Hanarty, Nerium International (Millstone Township)
• It's A Party! - Pony Rides, Inflatable Rentals and Temporary Tattoos (Millstone Township)
• Jansen Family (Millstone Township)
• Mr. & Mrs. Michael Kuhns (Lawrenceville)
• Morris Family (Millstone Township)
• Nazzaro Family (Millstone Township)
• Old Bridge Dental, Dr. Robert Griggs DMD (Old Bridge)
• Pratt Family (Millstone Township)
• Pyhel Family (Millstone Township)
• Joseph R. Raccuglia, MD (Freehold)
• Saker Family (Millstone Township)
• Sikkema Family (Millstone Township)
• Stillwell Family (Millstone Township)
• Solitario & Tierney CPA (Spotswood)
• South Brunswick Animal Hospital, Dr. Doug Cotler, DVM (South Brunswick)
• Vesuvio’s Family Restaurant (Millstone Township)
The foundation operates independently from the school district and replenishes its grant fund exclusively through private donations and its fundraising efforts. The foundation has awarded more than $500,260 in grants to Millstone Township schools since 2002. MTFEE grants, which have been awarded at every grade level and in every discipline, have included STEAM enrichment programs, book rooms, SMARTBoards ® , mobile computer and iPad ™ labs and a rock climbing wall.
There are currently more than 60 MTFEE-funded grant programs running. Every child that matriculates through the school district will in some way benefit from an MTFEE-funded grant. MTFEE is a member of New Jersey Education Foundation Partnership and The National Consortium of State and Local Education Foundations (NCEFS).
For more information about MTFEE, making a donation or becoming a trustee, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.mtfee.org and like us on Facebook.